BE a part of the Explorium…
join our team.
Be a part of something big! Volunteering is a great opportunity for you to help support the Explorium. We would love to share the Explorium with you and provide you with an opportunity to do some outstanding work in ways that shape the lives of children and their families forever.
There are a variety of ways, shift options and commitment levels available for you to get involved and volunteer at the Explorium. Whether you would prefer to lead art and craft activities, conduct science experiments, play in the galleries or assist behind the scenes in the office. We have a great opportunity for you.
The adult volunteer program is for volunteers 16 years and above and can volunteer in almost every area of the Explorium. Volunteers are asked to complete a minimum of 30 hours of volunteer service to the museum. Once you have submitted your application and done with your interview, you will receive the training you need to have a great volunteer experience. Contact us today and we will match you up with the volunteer position that is right for you.
Review the description below and see where your skills and interests match our needs
- Visitor specialist – greets and assists Explorium visitors.
- Exhibit guide – Assist our young visitors and adults as they learn through the various hands-on activities.
- Birthday party host – Help children celebrate their birthdays at the Explorium by greeting the guests and making them have a memorable party.
- Program support specialist – Help with workshops, camps and weekly programs. Help prepare components for various projects and exhibits.
- Administrative support specialist – Help with data management, copying, correspondence and mailing materials.
- Special talent volunteers – Lead a workshop, share your talent and impart you special skills to young children in your own special way.
Girias Children’s Explorium has many opportunities for college internships. Students can gain invaluable experience in various departments and fields ranging from education and visitor services to exhibits and public relations. We are happy to work with you to create a unique internship experience that is beneficial for you to gain practical experience and develop workplace skills. Internships at the Explorium are part time and can range from a few hours a week to only weekends for minimum of 12-week term.
The various benefits of doing an Internship at the Explorium :
- Opportunity to provide a positive impact on children and their families.
- Gain knowledge of early childhood education techniques and theories – particularly helpful if you are planning to pursue a Montessori teaching course.
- Develop personal and professional skills as you build your resume.
- Academic credit – especially if you are keen to pursue a course in child psychology.
- Invitation to volunteer appreciation events.
- Free entry passes to the museum upon completion of minimum internship commitment.
- 10% discount at the Explorium Toyworld.
VOLUNTEERING / INTERNSHIP POLICIES
- Individuals must be at least 16 years of age.
- All volunteers must complete an application and undergo an interview.
- Adhere to all the rules policies and procedures of the Explorium.
- Notify to the management if you are unable to attend the agreed upon shifts.
- Always be professional. You would be representing the Explorium and must refrain from inappropriate behavior while at the premises of the Explorium.
- Follow appearance guideline.
- Be willing to Explore, learn and have fun!