Plan your day full of learning &
excitement COME PLAY WITH US.
A FEW RULES, LOTS OF DO’s AND SOME DON’T’s
GCE is a place, where children are encouraged to touch everything to think, play and create. In order to make everyone’s Explorium experience a pleasant one, we all ask visitors to read and follow our rules. Explorium rules are based on safety, common sense and courtesy to other visitors.
- All children 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult while at GCE, except as otherwise noted for workshops and other programmes.
- Parents/chaperones must stay with children at all times and are responsible for their safety and discipline.
- We reserve the right to ask children to “sit out” for part of their visit if they are unable to follow the rules.
- Visitors or groups who do not adhere to the rules will be asked to leave early without refund.
- Adults 16 and older unaccompanied by a child will be asked to present valid ID at the admission desk.
- Strollers are not permitted in the Explorium gallery space. Visitors must park their strollers in the designated indoor stroller parking area. GCE is not responsible for damage or loss of strollers or other personal items.
- Tickets are not valid for the entire day. Once you exit the Explorium you cannot re-enter unless you purchase tickets again.
- Use caution on stairs and railings.
- Staff reserve the right to correct inappropriate behavior in a positive behavior.
- Don’t rush your child. The Explorium is big you don’t have to see it all in one day or rush through the galleries.
- Kids don’t leave your grown up at home. No one under 16 admitted without an adult, except as noted for special programmes.
- Adults don’t assume that older kids can explore alone. Children, no matter how old should be watched at all times. In fact, your kids will enjoy you playing too!
- Don’t bring food or drinks into the exhibit area. Enjoy your snacks at our café or outside the Explorium.
- Don’t smoke while at the Explorium.
- Don’t scream or run.
- Take turns. No pushing, roughhousing or climbing on railings.
- Don’t use abusive language.
- Don’t use pens or markers in the galleries.
- And lastly, don’t be surprised if we ask you to please be nice, walk slowly and play gently. We are here to keep you safe and make sure
everyone has a good time.
- Do touch explore and play with the exhibits.
- Do ask LOTS of questions.
- Do talk to our staff! We love talking to visitors!
- Do give us your feedback- good, bad or otherwise! That is how we learn.
- Do act courteously with fellow visitors.
- Do consider turning off your cell phones. Your child needs your undivided attention. Making time for play is important for grownups too. So roll up your sleeves, dig in, get messy, explore, play, but most of all, have fun!
- Do bring an extra change of clothes. Learning can be messy sometimes!
- Do review with your child what to do in case he/she gets lost. Consider having a common meeting space in case you and your child get separated, such as the admission desk at the Explorium.